Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great little light!

posted by CommandoJoe on 12/20/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

- Very small & comes with clip

- Puts out a lot of light for its size

- Can use a single AAA or 10440 Li-Ion battery

- Build quality seems good so far

I can't really come up with anything too bad about this flashlight...

The threads had a little bit of grit or something in them, but that is easy to clean out.

I wouldn't mind having a low mode as well, maybe like 20%-30% of max - sometimes it's too bright for closeup work.

As soon as I received this in the mail, I looked all around the house for a AAA battery since I don't have many things that use them. All I could find was a couple of 3 year old NiMH that had been sitting dead in a box for the last year or so... I charged it for about 20 minutes and couldn't wait any more - just had to see what this little guy could do.

Wow! I was very impressed! Even with a poor battery that was only partially charged this thing was bright!

I let the other battery charge fully and popped it in - I couldn't tell any difference in brightness.

A couple days later I picked up a pack of Energizer Lithium AAA's and to see if that made any difference. I couldn't tell any difference in brightness with these either.

This light appears to be very forgiving about the batteries you feed it...

I have some 10440 Li-Ion batteries on order and will see if they make any difference. But even if they don't, this little light is more than bright enough

I haven't done any run time testing with various batteries yet either, but I'll try to get to that when the holidays are over

This is my first "real" flashlight. I've had some of the cheap 10 LED (5mm) type flashlights and Maglights in the past, but I wasn't too impressed with them and was left craving more. Though about the Surefire and Fenix, but wasn't too crazy about their prices.

This light is GREAT! Small, portable, and BRIGHT! I keep it clipped to my key chain so it goes everywhere I go. Everyone I show it to is very impressed with how bright it is.

-Bottom Line: Buy this light, you won't regret it. Buy extras, because everyone will want one when they see yours and they make great gifts... Wish I had bought about 10 of them.

Post comment

DX Everywhere