• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great little light!

posted by CommandoJoe on 12/20/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- Very small & comes with clip

- Puts out a lot of light for its size

- Can use a single AAA or 10440 Li-Ion battery

- Build quality seems good so far

Cons:

I can't really come up with anything too bad about this flashlight...

The threads had a little bit of grit or something in them, but that is easy to clean out.

I wouldn't mind having a low mode as well, maybe like 20%-30% of max - sometimes it's too bright for closeup work.

OtherThoughts:

As soon as I received this in the mail, I looked all around the house for a AAA battery since I don't have many things that use them. All I could find was a couple of 3 year old NiMH that had been sitting dead in a box for the last year or so... I charged it for about 20 minutes and couldn't wait any more - just had to see what this little guy could do.

Wow! I was very impressed! Even with a poor battery that was only partially charged this thing was bright!

I let the other battery charge fully and popped it in - I couldn't tell any difference in brightness.

A couple days later I picked up a pack of Energizer Lithium AAA's and to see if that made any difference. I couldn't tell any difference in brightness with these either.

This light appears to be very forgiving about the batteries you feed it...

I have some 10440 Li-Ion batteries on order and will see if they make any difference. But even if they don't, this little light is more than bright enough

I haven't done any run time testing with various batteries yet either, but I'll try to get to that when the holidays are over

Bottomline:

This is my first "real" flashlight. I've had some of the cheap 10 LED (5mm) type flashlights and Maglights in the past, but I wasn't too impressed with them and was left craving more. Though about the Surefire and Fenix, but wasn't too crazy about their prices.

This light is GREAT! Small, portable, and BRIGHT! I keep it clipped to my key chain so it goes everywhere I go. Everyone I show it to is very impressed with how bright it is.

-Bottom Line: Buy this light, you won't regret it. Buy extras, because everyone will want one when they see yours and they make great gifts... Wish I had bought about 10 of them.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections