There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Nice Dx item.

posted by DealMF on 02/15/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

-The notifier works on several email platforms, but mainly only for Windows based computers.
    - The notifier can show up to 7 colors that can programmed to react the way you like.
    - Installation is pretty easy. Simply plug it to your USB port, install and setup a small program and the notifier should light up when a new mail reach your inbox.
    - Price is good.
    - Build quality is surprisingly good for the money as well. Still it is to see that it isn't a genuine product. (fake)
    - Package includes Manuel.

Cons:

-It doesn't have all functions like the real product, but for the price it's forgiven.
    - The Software included is somewhat poor and doesn't cover a lot of settings you can make.
    Tried with XP and worked ok with Outlook Express. Still as I remember it only allowed red color to show.
    On Win 7 x64 it was completely useless because it never found any network throughout the install and then it just stop responding. So what to do next?
    Some very friendly DX customers here just worked work and created their own software who really turned this product to a truly different experience. Especially the USB Mail Notifier from TheHuuf is great. You can find link in the description.

OtherThoughts:

- You can actually hook up several units to your pc and create a big light show. Would make a great party if something important reaching your inbox. lol
    - If you like to mod things, it should be very easy to do on this item.

Bottomline:

Without software created by DX costumers, this notifier would be useless for Win 7. Not only this now possible, it has added new several features you could not do with the CD included.
    In all I think you just need a bit more knowledge to email in how to use to the software but that's all.
    For me I need to have Window live mail open in order to get it light up. I guess it depends the configuration.
    For now I'm very happy with mine. Great DX buy!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections