• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works as advertised. Good product.

posted by DJWLJR on 03/18/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I traveled to Scotland in September of 2012, and wanted a plug adapter to use with my US purchased electronics. Most similar plug adapters for the UK do not include a fully grounded third plug. (The third prong is often just a bare plastic piece for stability.) This one is fully grounded. I used the adapter to plug in my laptop on several occasions, and it worked fully as expected.

Cons:

None. The build quality is good, appears to accept a wide variety of AC plug types, and the safety conscious design is a plus. (About a third of an inch of each prong closest to the plug is plastic, so as to prevent accidental grounding or shorting should a foreign object like a knife be slipped between the plug and the wall.)

OtherThoughts:

I was perfectly satisfied with this adapter, and will take it with me should I ever return to the UK. This should be the only adapter you need. A power transformer is only necessary if your device does not auto-switch between 110 / 220. Almost anything with a battery, or any device made after 1990 should handle the voltage switch automatically.

Bottomline:

I can fully recommend this adapter.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections