DX » Community » Reviews » Apple A1185 Compatible 5000mAh Lithium Battery Pack for Apple 13.3" MacBook
  • 5 star 3 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 17% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good battery, decent looks

posted by rbrtrx on 05/22/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

An excellent product worth your purchase. “Does what it says on the tin.”
    High capacity battery which (after a calibration) was recognized just fine by Mac OS X. How high capacity are we talking here? After 37 cycles, its full capacity is 5100 mAH.
    The charge level indicator on the bottom of the thing works exactly as expected, and was a nice inclusion.
    The price is just over a third of a genuine new one from Apple. Combined with free shipping, that is absolutely killer.

Cons:

None to speak of.

OtherThoughts:

I bought this for a white MacBook because the white battery is almost three dollars more and with that money I could buy an LED pig and a light sabre. Seriously, am I made of money here?
    The looks are a pretty decent match for Apple’s styling nonetheless; perhaps the only complaint is that the textured plastic used for the foot and the bezel around the charge level indicator is pretty non-Apple.
    Since the battery is almost entirely invisible while using the MacBook, you will probably not care which one you get. Why not go for this one? Then you can use those spare three dollars to buy a stress reliever stressed like a terrifying spherical mammary gland. (Keep it classy, DX.)

Bottomline:

Worth it! You have wasted more time than enough reading this review, add it to your cart already.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections