DX » Community » Reviews » XC6013L 3-Digit Capacitor Capacitance Meter (200pF~20mF)
  • 5 star 7 ( 70% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 30% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Another great value!

posted by clavius on 11/18/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

It works. Low price. Several nice features like the nice bright back light and a swing out stand on the back. Has a good wide measurement range and when I compare the readings from this meter to those I get from my commercial digital LCR bridge, they are very close, well within expected accuracy. This meter is an excellent value for the money and is a great tool to have in your toolbox for quick check of caps when you are away from the bench.

Cons:

Build quality is OK, but not super-great. Not surprising given the price, and is a bit better than you might expect for 20 bucks. I will agree with the other reviewers that the plastic case has a distinct weird smell to it. Not overwhelming, but it's there. Swing out stand is a bit hard to operate. Lead wires are functional but look to be not too durable.

OtherThoughts:

Handy tool for when you are on the go. This will been handy for checking things like motor capacitors. Lightweight and very handy to have along with you. Replace the leads, they are cheap and I much prefer leads with alligator clips on an instrument like this. Make sure caps are discharged before hooking this up!

Bottomline:

Good bang for the buck. Great for checking out caps where you have trouble reading the tiny print on them. Inexpensive but quite functional.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections