• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
nice very useful Отличные
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• help inter gender exchange triggering

posted by ICanuwundra on 12/29/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Better quality than sku.21946, which corrodes more easily, and albeit dimensions of both are very similar, this one feels more sturdy and heavier, and the blades are broader.
    Very sharp blade, pointed tip. Goes through all reasonably cuttable materials, like paper, string, plastic foil, leaves, fabric, herb stems, candle wicks easily.
    Very good for applications, requiring frequently picking up and putting down the scissors, as picking up, positioning and cutting, putting down can be done in one sweeping motion, no need to thread fingers through handles, as with conventional scissors, first.

Cons:

50% more expensive than sku.21946.
    Blades are open in resting position. Store scissors where you can see them for grabbing, as blades are quite sharp and pointy. The plastic sleeve they come in isn't of much use besides protecting other items from the grease on the scissors - they are well oiled. Wipe them before use, then you'll probably want to trash the sleeve.
    No leverage. Thicker or more sturdy materials - those requiring more force to cut - may be cut more easily with conventional scissors.

OtherThoughts:

Of the 13 of these scissors which I have received as far, 1 was black, 4 pink, and 8 yellow.
    The blade angle is such that the scissors appear to be "self sharpening", as such they might keep their keen edge.
    Savings with bulkrate are considerable. Consider to take 3, 5 or 10. You'll be likely to find a use for them. People want them.

Bottomline:

The more I get, the more people want them. Now also the lady at my baker's got one, as does my ex-associates ex-girlfriend's mother, and my childhood flame who I haven't seen for about 30 years wanted three. DX delivered those rapidly, so I could pass them on, at which occasion we discovered that we share our liking of bicycle touring and campfire dough-on-a-stick :) I definitely need to order more scissors.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections