Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• It's awesome 'cos of how useless and simple it is

posted by LagniManiac on 04/14/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

It's a zippy little solar car - in bright sunlight, the tiny little motor is powered by the solar panel on top, which drives some gears that in turn drive the back wheels.
    Simple, cute looking little thing.
    It goes fast enough that you have ot chase it, or it gets away from you.
    Gets up enough momentum to get through small shadowy patches.
    It's TINY!!
    It's SOLAR POWERED!!

Cons:

Coule be a little cheaper - but I guess you pay for the moving parts, and assembly.
    Looks a little delicate - wouldnt want to drop this little guy.
    No of switch, no steering, no battery - it just goes straight ahead when the sun shines down on it.
    If you're not careful, it oculd get away from you, if you put it down on a sunny sidewalk or something.

OtherThoughts:

I didn't get a chance to test this out in actual sunlight for a few days - tried shining aftificial lighting onto it, but it only moved in fits and starts - thought i had a dud. I was delighted the first time i put it down outside and it zipped along.
    I'm a bit of a geek, so maybe i'm just excited by the novelty factor, and the tiny parts - but why not?

Bottomline:

For your money, you will get a curious little toy car that looks like something a mad scientist hobbled together for his kid, and can only move in straight lines under direct sunlight. The choice is yours.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections