DX » Community » Reviews » Wifly-City 800mW High Power 802.11G/B USB Wireless/Wifi Adapter
  • 5 star 5 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byJallePappskalle on 04/04/2013

Easy to set up with the included driver CD. Do not need driver on Win8. Extend the WiFi range to an exceptional level. None so far A supplided suction cup or clip device would be very helpfull. Buy an USB extension cable to extend your range from antenna to PC. Build quality seems solid, I have had one for 2 years without any problems. I have now bougt ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfvdberg on 06/04/2010

i got my second one. difference: - first was made in china, and the second in korea. -first one had an 2 DBi Omni and the second one an 5 Dbi the build quality from the second one is better the only real con is the single USB lead instead of the double one. the other cons are gone with the 2nd korean one this one is even better then the one i already ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byHohoooster on 05/07/2010

All work great - nice idea, engineering and electronic device. Wherever you go, you have wifi connection. I received one of those devices wich is not worked. After that I and my friend who is a technical expert in electronics resolved issue with product Wifly city. There is a electronic element /resistor/ R34 - 1,8kOm which is badly soldered. On mine ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfvdberg on 03/17/2010

- verry compact adapter - High power. - SMA Male connector for external antenna - Nice box, good packed - Casing of the adapter - Driver/Application for win7 is not included - Older backtrack 3 CD in Chinese. - Small 2Db Antenna included in the package. In my box is a normal USB lead, not one with double connectors. as discribed here it is drawing 5... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjuanmamontanez on 03/05/2010

Good quality at great price. Now, with this device get access to the entire network anywhere in the house. This has improved the quality of the signal received and the Internet have not cut it. I have no cons, not having purchased more than one for each computer in your day I recommend this device to anyone who wants to get good signal, plus comes with ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byprosper on 01/27/2010

-> Works with Ubuntu Linux out-of-the-box -> Performance is good, seems to be more stable when paired with distant AP's -> is absolutely amazing when paired with sku.25292 (picks up 3 AP's by itself, and over 20 with the antenna). -> only includes a small antenna. 800mW power only helps transmission, but not reception. -> funky 2-headed USB cable (I ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygreenflavor7 on 01/25/2010

Product is useful and works great. I was able to detect wireless spots not seen with my regular and other built in wifi lan. I wa sable to connect to many wifi. Signal strength was seen to increase from one bar to 5. Use right out of the box! It does the job. Ordering more now. No instruction manual. The Linux BackTrack is in Chinese not in English.... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytman01 on 11/22/2009

Inexpensive and easy to use. Basicaly plug and play for the most part. Poor quality plastic case but no complaints with functionality. I already owned the Engenius brand 500mw EUB-321 which looks and functions very similar to this. The engenius was 2X the price of this and performs exactly the same. I cannot tell any reception or txmit difference between ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byadikoni on 10/29/2009

My laptop picked up 3 Networks with 1 bar each. After I plugged in Wifly (with an extended antenna) I picked up 15 networks. 10 had full bars. very happy. Windows 7 automaticly downloaded drivers. Backtrax Linux Bootable dvd included for hacking WEP networks. Took a bit to figure out as instructions are in chinese but works great Only tested on Windows ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysirhaxalot on 08/30/2009

It uses the RTL 8178 Chipset, injection supported in linux. Supports Win, Lin, Mac I tested with BT3 and works flawless, also in windows it comes with RTL manager and is easy to alter the FCC standard to use high power output. I laughed a bit when i saw the chinese manual/description of how to use spoonwep and cracking wep decryption. There is only ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections