Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Useful!

posted by greenflavor7 on 01/25/2010
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Product is useful and works great. I was able to detect wireless spots not seen with my regular and other built in wifi lan. I wa sable to connect to many wifi. Signal strength was seen to increase from one bar to 5. Use right out of the box! It does the job. Ordering more now.

Cons:

No instruction manual. The Linux BackTrack is in Chinese not in English. Product casing, that is to say the outside shell is not very strong and could break if dropped. So be careful. Treat it as fragile and becraeful that the antena does not break off. Thee product is sturdy enough if you it with care.

OtherThoughts:

Better construction and maybe another model that offers 2000mw and wireless N support too, with software and English instructions that allow you to tweak. Ok, if product costs more but offers more

Bottomline:

I love this item. I was thrilled to connect to locations with it that I could not before. Price is cheap. Supports Linux Backtrack. I like chinese electronic products not because of the built quality but because you get more for your money. They do more great things. I have not compared this item to Alpha brand. I will soon. But I am ordering more of these units. Because i know that they work and because the power can be adjusted with inluded software. NOt so with other models including Alpha.
    Recommended.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections