• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Handy and simple to use.

posted by nedmechg on 04/12/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I recently dismantled my home "office" area and moved the computer into our master bedroom. It just seemed natural to make it into a media center, so I needed a remote to use with it. This one works great! Simply plugged it in on XP and it was recognized and started working.
    Setting up the shortcuts in my media programs was quick and simple. In fact, the only one I had to tweak was VLC. Most other "packaged" media player software (Windows Media Player, WinDVD, etc.) is already configured to respond to the MediaKey emulation that the remote does.

Cons:

The mouse control can be a little touchy, but it works. With some patience, it's not that hard to navigate and click on most things. It supports right clicks as well, so that's even better!
    The phone-pad style text entry is probably the worst part about it, but I didn't really get it for typing anyhow.

Bottomline:

Easy and convenient remote operation for setting up and interacting with a media-center style computer.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections