DX » Community » Reviews » Driver-free Universal USB IR Media Remote Controller for PC (2*AAA)
  • 5 star 25 ( 60% )
  • 4 star 17 ( 40% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great Remote for a HTPC

posted by JoshL on 07/12/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

No setup was needed on my HTPC running WinXP and Media Player Classic. All major functions work making it much easier to watch my videos without getting up and walking across the room and trying to watch on the TV screen while I make changes. The range is great as I am able to run my HTPC from across the room with no problems!

Cons:

The mouse function is a little weird, as others have noted. It is difficult/impossible to move the pointer in a straight line, but I can usually get where I need to without much trouble. I usually navigate with the arrow keys anyway.

OtherThoughts:

The remote is very lightweight; not a problem for me but it does make it feel a little cheap. You also might need a USB extension cable if you want to put the receiver dongle further from the PC and closer to the TV.

Bottomline:

This unit is great for someone who has an older spare PC connected to their TV to occasionally watch videos. It makes watching videos on a PC much easier. If you have a dedicated HTPC, you might want to spend the money on a nicer remote, but I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable PC remote.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections