DX » Community » Reviews » Expansion Board Made for Raspberry Pi - Multicolor + Black
  • 5 star 6 ( 86% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 14% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
Very Impressed! Excellent and useful addon
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byqmahan on 08/14/2014

Excellent board for an addon for the Raspberry Pi! Was simply plug and play for the board and instantly worked when I booted the Pi. Only down side was that it switched video specifically to VGA, but I know that was the programming of the Pi and otherwise did exactly as it said it should! Read more

Impression:Very Impressed!;

0 0
  • posted bylechak on 08/03/2014

Pros: Excellent and useful addon for raspberry. Excellent set of furniture to fit all components tight. Cons: Overheat warning. I recomend put two small heatsinks to two small contrlollesr near USB and HDMI connectors. It's work fine but very hot. I used SKU255484 heatsinks and thermal glue. Read more

Impression:Excellent and useful addon;

0 0
  • posted byMike264 on 07/04/2014

The power supply section gets you out of power problems. The powered usb hub also gets you out of power problems. I use the real time clock and vga adapter. I have not tried the serial port or the sd card readers ports yet (soon). It would be nice if the battery holder for the real time clock was horizontal so the card is not so tall in case other cards ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byichintu on 04/11/2014

Nice build. Well documented. Support website: http://www.suptronics.com/RPI.html. The RTC on this unit is pretty accurate. Love that I can power this with a wall wart now. There are slits made to connect rpi camera module. Fits nice and sturdy due to nylon support material. Highly recommend getting it. the voltage regulator on this board gets pretty ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byseliotis on 02/26/2014

This product makes using the R-Pi easier in a classroom setting. I use it to convert my Pi into a media centre for use in my class. It is also great for adding other components to the Pi Not a con but a warning. Pay very close attention to the syntax of the commands you have to enter to get the product to work properly. I misplaced a single space and ... Read more

4 1
  • posted bycarlesm on 01/30/2014

Great complement for RaspberryPi Development. It's a must to allowing the use of VGA monitor, serial port, USB hub, a more stable power supply, etc. It also provides a RTC clock for the RPi (a missing piece). Lack of documentation: needs a power supply and must power RaspberryPi from this board (not microUSB). Reset pins are kind of weak. Get it if ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDWattel on 01/19/2014

Just the perfect expansion for you RasPi, excellent to have a VGA out if you don't have a HDMI enables screen. Go from 2 to 4 USB ports and have a card-reader as well. No need for a micro-USB cable just use a 12V 2.5A power adapter. I could not get the real-time clock working, a driver is needed that isn't in the distributions. And I couldn't find one ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections