Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• I love it!

posted by LostinUS on 11/13/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

It is very small and very bright for its size! The clickie switch and ALL the O-rings glow in the dark. It is plenty small to fit in your pants pocket or purse or door compartment in your car. It will light up my neighbors house 300 ft away! The clip is very nice, the clip faces towards the light end for putting in your pocket. The price is right for such high quality. This is just as bright or brighter than other branded $50 or more lights. The 5 mode switch is very easy to switch through with a simple half press. And it has memory mode so if you typically use it in low mode it will come on in low mode. It can take any AA which is easy to find but is noticeably brighter with 14500's.

Cons:

I wish the clip faced backwards instead so I could place the light on the bill of a cap while working on stuff. I wish it had a lanyard hole.

OtherThoughts:

Very bright and useful for the money. If it had a bigger head it would be brighter than sku 1446 but as it is it doesn't throw quite as far, but it has way better spill. It is noticeably brighter than sku 1993 when they both have the same 14500 batteries in them. It looks to me like the same reflector, just this one has a way better LED. This light blows sku 3609 out of the water. Even with regular AA's in both(the Romisen can only accept AA's) this one is brighter.

Bottomline:

This is definately my everyday carry flashlight(edc). If someone knows of a better light please tell me, I would love to buy one. If this light was stolen or lost I would gladly pay $30 for a new one. If you are new to LED flashlights, this is a good all around light. Just make sure you order 14500 batt's and a charger also, it is impressive. This light outperforms a stock LED M@glite which costs $30 and is 5 times bigger.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections