Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• It's an OK light, BUT...

posted by dnate on 11/16/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It does have memory. It goes back to the last mode you were on, as long as you left it on that mode for a while, like 5 or more seconds, then turn it off. The glow in the dark O-rings are fun, but really the only one that is useful is the one next to the lens. The light is OK bright with an AA battery. It will tailstand. Two o-rings on main split point.
    I do like how you can "tap" the clicky to change modes. This in essense quickly turns the light off to change the mode.

Cons:

The lens on mine is loose and rattles. I tried to tighten it by turning the board inside the pill. I feels like it is glued in place.
    Not as bright as I was expecting.
    Since the switch is recessed a bit, you need to use a fingernail or something fairly pointy to depress the rather firm clicky. Clicky is reverse.

OtherThoughts:

I own a SKU.3607 Romisen RC-G2. This Trustfire F20 Cree Q5-WC was not impressively brighter. The Romisen has a tighter spot. The Trustfire has a whiter tint. The whiter tint makes it appear brighter. The Trustfire has a lazy throw.

Bottomline:

I really like the modes, the compactness in size, the brightness is good for a single AA. I need to try a LION. Still a much better deal than at your local store. I would buy again.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections