DX » Community » Reviews » Akoray K-106 Cree Q5-WC 5-Mode 230-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (1*AA/1*14500)
  • 5 star 22 ( 29% )
  • 4 star 31 ( 41% )
  • 3 star 13 ( 17% )
  • 2 star 7 ( 9% )
  • 1 star 3 ( 4% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• First light is Dy-no-mite!

posted by roadwarrior64 on 11/11/2009

Involvement:Novice (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Much brighter than my SF E2L! Perfect shade of white with no blue or yellow tint. Slightly bigger than a tube of Chapstick. The strobe effect is.....effective!

Cons:

What's up with the reverse clicky? The switch on my SF allows you to press in slightly for momentary and all the way to click on. Would this be so hard DX? However, the switch is firm and definite. Works fine.

OtherThoughts:

This is my first purchase from Deal Extreme. I also bought the Ultra-Fire charger and 14500 batteries so I could have "guilt-free lumens". Everything fits well and works great. The light arrived wrapped in bubble wrap. There is no box or instructions. However, the quality appears top notch. I am amazed that this light performs better than my $90 SF lights. The fit and finish are comparable but the light output is so much more impressive. The multiple modes are nice but you lose track of which one will come on next.

Bottomline:

For my first DX purchase, I am very impressed. You have to be patient with the overseas shipping and able to live with the reverse clicky. Otherwise, this light is unbeatable for the price. Go ahead and invest in the charger/batteries. You won't be disappointed!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections