DX » Community » Reviews » Akoray K-106 Cree Q5-WC 5-Mode 230-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (1*AA/1*14500)
  • 5 star 22 ( 29% )
  • 4 star 31 ( 41% )
  • 3 star 13 ( 17% )
  • 2 star 7 ( 9% )
  • 1 star 3 ( 4% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Nice little lamp

posted by Macallagh on 08/29/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Little lamp. Light too. Fits ev'ry pocket. You'll just forget it's even there....'till you need it ofcourse.

It's pretty bright on a 14500 battery. I was amazed to see it compared to my work torch powered by 2x CR123 and modded to fit a Cree R2 Module (SKU 11836). Ofcourse that one is brighter and has a better trow, but not as much as I had expected.

There are glow-in-the-dark o-rings on all joints, so I suppose it's waterproof to some extend.

There are 5 modes: High, middle, low, stobo and some strange signal that DX calls SOS. Which it isn't! SOS is ...---...

This lamp does ...--- so this mode is absolutely useless. But who would use it anyway? The lamp does have a memmory. If you turn it off in high, it will be in high when you put it on again. Changing modes is easy; you put it on and push the clicky half way to change to the next mode. There is also a (removable) clip on it

Cons:

I hate clips, cause they tend to get in the way, but if you remove it from this one, the lamp keeps rolling away. There is no flat side on this lamp.

OtherThoughts:

Gets quite hot to the touch, but not too hot to handle.

Bottomline:

I love it! It's bright, light, feels sturdy, joints fit fine and are sealed really good. Clicky feels firm. Even with a very commonly available AA battery (rechargeables too) it works fine.

What else could you want for this money?

GREAT PRODUCT!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections