DX » Community » Reviews » Fluke 17B 2.6" LCD Digital Multimeter Meter (2*AA included)
  • 5 star 7 ( 70% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 30% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• REAL Fluke multimeter in very reasonable price!

posted by Swataia on 02/20/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- Definitely a genuine Fluke multimeter
    - Fluke quality
    - Includes an English manual
    - Easy to use
    - Simple display, easy to read
    - Has nearly as good accuracy as Fluke 177

Cons:

- This model doesn´t have a LCD-backlight, but there is so much room inside it so one can build it easily if wants...

OtherThoughts:

I was a little concerned if this was a real Fluke or a copy when I bought it. But it is! The quality is good and can't say the difference between an "European" model. I also opened it and checked the inside work, and it was looking good also, no cheap components used in it. It comes with manual that is both Chinese and English, so no problem with language. Other papers are only in Chinese, but you don't really need them.
    My friend took this multimeter to his workplace and tested it with Fluke's own multimeter calibration equipment. He tested the DC V, DC mV, AC V, DC A, AC A and Resistance-scales. Every of these scales were inside the Flukes own tolerance limits. Most of the scales were also in the limits of Fluke 177 which has better accuracy. I will post a picture of this calibration certificate here later.

Bottomline:

If you need a good and durable multimeter in a reasonable price, you should buy this!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections