DX » Community » Reviews » Fluke 17B 2.6" LCD Digital Multimeter Meter (2*AA included)
  • 5 star 7 ( 70% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 30% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• A good buy

posted by TerryF on 05/24/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Other reviews mentioned the solid feeling selector switch, which I thought strange, but it really does feel well built and makes my last ($20 cheaper) meter feel very cheap in comparison.

I dont think the average consumer can do a proper review of something like this as it really requires an analysis and comparison of its accuracy compared to other similar-priced meters. So all I can say is that I am happy with the purchase, I would buy it again and it has more functions and looks and feels better built than my last $80 meter which fared well in reviews.

Cons:

I think a transistor tester socket is useful, even if you can still do the same function.

As other reviewers have noted, the thermocouple reading varies if you hold the leads. Obviously this makes the reading highly suspect - is it right when you hold the lead, when you dont, or neither (and no, Im not talking about holding the thermocouple itself !)

It would also be nice if it could predict the lottery numbers, but other than that is hard to fault.

OtherThoughts:

For a non-professional I think this makes an excellent well built meter and if you think you needed to spend more on one then you would have to be doing more than just hobby and house home electrical work.

Bottomline:

I think this is a good buy.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections