Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- Does what it´s supposed to
- Compatible with all software I use at this moment
- Low energy consumption
- Only support resolutions up to 1024x768
- Doesn´t have USB mouse/keyboard/printer support
- Comes with an old tweaked version of the original terminal server software and the web updater had a virus, so I deleted it and it cannot update anymore
- Not so easy to set up at he first time. Once you learn how to, it´s easy
I have an original NComputing L-120 and this one from DX. Both works well with the old software but the L-120 can´t reach 1440x900. By other hand, the original NComputing software blocks the NC-120 DX device, but allows the L-120 to run at 1440x900, its maximum resolution.
I have spend some days to understand how to put it to work, since the software is not compatible with XP SP3. The solution: work with XP SP2 and choose manually the updates you will install. You cant´n install SP3 and the KBs 952004, 956572, 961501, 968537, 969947 and 970238.
Since I only have 4:3 monitors and the virus is gone, I´m buying 2 more NC-120 for my office.
My computer is an AMD Phenom II X3 2.6 Ghz with SATA 2 HD and 3 Gb of RAM. Runs smooth, you don´t even notice that there´s more people using the same machine.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.