DX » Community » Reviews » LED 4 Colors Changing Stainless Steel Hand Shower (10 LEDs)
  • 5 star 2 ( 25% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 2 ( 25% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Not useful, bad quality but fun!

posted by sta64 on 11/12/2011

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

It has novelty value, of course. :-) Other than that, I found out that, when showering in the dark, it costs no extra to have the shower head glow rather than the switching the real light on in the bathroom.

Cons:

After about two months, it started to sprinkle water all around its diameter. Upon taking it apart, I found the basic design flaw...
    It consists of three parts: the handle, the dynamo+LEDs assembly and the sprinkle filter; the assembly fits into the sprinkler and the sprinkler screws into the handle. Unfortunately, there is no thread around the full inner circumference of the handle - must've shaved like 10 cents off the manufacturing costs by that - and there the high-pressure water reaches the rim where the handle and the sprinkler meet. Also, this rim is very thin.
    After some time, the O-ring sealing this rim will become brittle because of the buildup of limescale on it. (You can try silicon spray and/or silicon grease on it on a timely base, but I'm not sure if it will help.) Because the rim doesn't fit 100% - otherwise you couldn't screw the thing in/out -, the only thing in the water's way is the O-ring. If it breaks, you get sprinkling all around. (See below for ideas on repairing it.)

OtherThoughts:

Continuous changing of colors, instead of only a few distinct colors, would be nice.
    It would also been nice if the colors better followed the color spectrum, in the order of:
    - lilac for cold,
    - blue for lukewarm (you can't really distingusih lilac and blue anyway),
    - green for warm (green = good), and
    - keep red for hot (red = danger).
    Also, green is known to be a soothing color; see hospitals, kindergartens, schools, psychologists.

Bottomline:

Unless you have children - or you're a big child yourself - ;-) or you like small DIY challenges, I can't really recommend it. You can get a shower head with better build quality and functionality (multiple sprinkle modes) for less in your local shop.
    (Ideas on repairing...) Screwing the sprinker off the handle is extremely hard and screwing it back on is not easy either - or I'm too weak ;-) - so you'll need special tools. Lacking those, insert a slot screwdriver into one of the six small indentions on the circumference of the sprinkler and push _hard_.
    You can try filling in the rim, the thread and _especially_ the inside of the handle where there is no thread with silicone caulk and then screw the thing back together. I'm not sure how well it will hold, though, but I'm not gonna give up... ;-)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections