There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good small handy flashlight

posted by impigra on 09/23/2009

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

All three lights are quite powerful. LED light is quite shiny as for a single 3mm LED, reasonably close to the 5mm LED from sku.20243.
    UV LED quite useful to check banknotes for fakes.
    Laser LED powerful and projects a decent round shape (I've seen others that seem more like a small line than a dot)
    Build quality is very good. It has a metal body with a layer of rubber-like coating that gives a nice grip.
    The two metal buttons seem solid enough. One of them operates the laser while the other switches between LED, UV and off.

Cons:

I ordered two units and both of them had their batteries exhausted, one of the batteries had even not only leaked, but burst, leaving some solid dusty substance on the interior. But this is not really a con for the flashlight itself - when replaced with new batteries, everything went fine.
    One real con is the operating method of the second button I commented above. If you carry the flashlight keychain in your pocket - as it seems most probable - the LED or UV will switch on at the objects-you-carry-in-your-pocket's will.

Bottomline:

It's quite good just as a handy flashlight. UV and laser come as extra features you may sometime want to play with.
    Don't forget to order some AG13/LR44 batteries. You will need them, as the ones provided come exhausted!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections