DX » Community » Reviews » 2-in-1 0.5mW Red Laser + 2-LED White Flashlight with Carabiner Clip (3*AG3)
  • 5 star 1 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Not a bad pointer at all!

posted by GuShH on 09/07/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

Pleasant surprise!

Fairly powerful white LEDs, they look like 5MM as well. OK power for the laser diode, even though we all know it's on the low range, but it's not half bad for pointing at things or playing with the cats!

Cons:

The laser lens or diode itself has some focusing issues since you get some spill on the sides at close ranges, it's not visible at distances over 3-5 meters anyway... The problem is that you can't take it apart (at least not by unscrewing the top, maybe it's glued or pressed on?) so if it's some dirt from the manufacture process then it won't be easy to take it out, I reckon it's just a deformation on the plastic itself and maybe these were deemed non suitable and that's why they sell for cheaper?

The carabiner sure looks and feels cheap, but does the job nicely for holding the pointer itself.

OtherThoughts:

It comes with a small plastic clip to prevent the buttons from being pressed during shipping, although a bit futile since one of the button cells was put (purposely?) on it's back side, so the pointer wouldn't work off the bag.

Came wrapped with a pink silvery wire wrap and some cellophane-like plastic (I don't know why... that must be how some things are packaged in China, well it certainly beats no packaging at all )

I think the laser is distorted by the white leds, if you look at an angle (dont shine it in your eyes!) the laser spills all over the LEDs as well, this might be the cause for the visual artifacts...

Bottomline:

I wanted the least powerful laser to play with my cats, I guess I got what I wanted :) looks good as well, compared to the cheap ones I can find locally this is 5 times better!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections