• 1 star 1 ( 1% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Best thing I have ever bought from DX

posted by doug89 on 01/27/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Cheap - You won't be able to find cheaper. This knife can't be sharpened by traditional methods, but by the time it finally goes blunt you can buy another one
    Sharp - Unbelievably. Cut and slice anything with ease.
    Long lasting - These are made with ceramic, which is harder than Steel. It will last you ages.

Cons:

"Fragile" - Ceramic knives are notorious for being brittle. You can't use it to cut bone or frozen food. You can't flex the blade. But that isn't a problem for me, and if you take good care for it, it won't be a problem for you.

OtherThoughts:

I keep this knife by itself in my display cabinet to avoid damage. I wash it by itself immediately after use. I expect that if you do the same you will have no problems.
    On a humourless note, I lost about 250mL of blood using this knife. I was showing my new blade off to a friend, slicing across an onion, when the blade slipped and cut of the top of my left thumb, a few millimetres about the nail. It is about halfway healed now :D. Now I am a little afraid to use it.

Bottomline:

If you are annoyed by blunt knives when cutting up food, don't hesitate to buy thing product.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections