DX » Community » Reviews » Premium 10X Macro-Effect Camera Lens Filter (58mm)
  • 5 star 5 ( 33% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 67% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bySashkins0 on 06/11/2014

great product for a hobby-photographer! Very good alternative lense! A major difficulty with screwing the lens. The thread on a macro lens filter is not the best quality but after few tries it eventually screws on. The edges of the view is very blurry but if you focus your photo theme in middle it doesn't matters. I got a 18-55 kit and for now it's ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byhoydudu on 11/18/2013

Very cheap filter. Provides amazing magnification and quality, sharp images. It does not distrupts the shot's quality. Very easy to use, also it works with your camera's AF. Nothing. You can use this filter for macro shots as well as "interesting" shots. Put this on a 70-300mm lens, and play with it on distant objects. You will be amazed with ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytremand on 11/04/2013

Good enough lens to start using magnification with blur corners effect to get some artistic results. A tripod with a good flash and digital zoom will give you a sharper result than Macro-Effect lenses does. For next level better to use extension tube for your lenses. Without a tripod might make your photographing very hard. Was used on my 600d 18-55... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySheix on 05/20/2013

Good lens quality, without scratches, fits very well on canon 550d 18-55 lens. The screw is of good quality also. I was plesantly surprised of overall filter quality. Also, it does the job. Filter gives photos very small depth range - you have to use manual photos and better tripon and shooting of moving objects becomes very hard with it. I would buy ... Read more

0 0
  • posted by77ymarko on 05/11/2013

Good quality and great price. Turns any lens into a macro lens by reducing the distance at which it is able to focus on an object, so you can get much closer to an object which you are photographing. I have the difficulty screwing the filter on a lens. The thread on a macro lens filter is not the best quality but after few tries it does screw on. If ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybaneez on 04/04/2013

Fitment is really good; it's simple to attach; effect is really coll; the package is good to carry in pockets, bags; i think that is gonna be a good filter for a novice photographer like me xD the effect is not really as i thought, but it's ok; the filter is a little bit heavy, but it doesn't affect the usage; if you guys can post a picture with the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byhemabh on 03/12/2013

Hi.. I am a Photographer -- owning multiple cameras & lens. I have purchased this MARCO EFFECT Lens (58mm) for my 18-55 Canon lens.... Good Quality -- It does MAGNIFY objects closer than the minimum focal length of the lens -- Quality of Photo remains the same.... V Close objects which would get blurred due to short focal distance would get clearly ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byAndariel666 on 02/23/2013

It turns a lot of lenses into macro lenses. This filter comes in quite handy if you need a close up just once in a while. However, this filter works best with my 18-55mm kit lens; my 50mm 1:1,4 doesn't like this filter at all, there's a lot of glare and unsharpness, no matter what I do. If you really want to go for macro photography, just buy a cheap ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMrBackman on 07/22/2012

Does what it says on the tin. Screws to the filter mount of the lens and makes it an instant macro lens. Cheap way to test macro photography very small thus easy to carry along none really if you understand what you're buying. amount of light needed to take pictures wasn't as much as I feared. Nice little gatget to us who need to take a macro picture ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymanen6 on 04/01/2011

The effect you can creat/use are endless and for the price it's very affordable. You can turn your kit lens into a $1,500+ macro lens for a fraction of the cost, what's there NOT to like? The quality is great too. It doesn't feel like something cheap nor something badly built, it has a nice weight to it too. The two cons of this product would be: 1.... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections