DX » Community » Reviews » Digital InfraRed Thermometer with Laser Sight - Random Color (-32'C~380'C/26'F~716'F)
  • 5 star 55 ( 74% )
  • 4 star 18 ( 24% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 1% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Cheap and des everything I need

posted by albert.1.stein on 10/01/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- more accurate than expected. Eg. reads body temperature within +/- 1 degree celsius compared to an clinical thermometer
    - Easy to use. While pressing the button is shows the actual temperature and the maximum termperature
    - display with backlight
    - laser (switchable) to see the point that is messured
    - good build quality.
    - switchable between Celsius and Fahrenheit
    - 1:12 optic let you do exact measurments from distance (spot size is 7,5 cm in a distance of 90 cm)
    - rated temperature range starts at -32 Celsius (not tested). But in my freezer it shows -19,7 with seems to be right.

Cons:

no realy cons.
    Emissionfactor is preset to 0,95 and can't be changed. But as normal user, you wouldn't find out the right emission factor for the material you are measuring and so it's not a big thing, that is is presetted.

OtherThoughts:

It's fun to measure surface temperatures, like the temperature of the roof or the outside surface of my house. Such measurements are not possible with normal thermometers.
    I hope, in the winter I will find some bad isulated parts of my house.
    The two buttons shown at the product picture (inside the battery case) are used to switch between fahrenheit and celsius and to enable or disable the laser while messuring.

Bottomline:

It's a cheap infrared thermometer and it does everything I need.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections