Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Brighter!

posted by LostinUS on 11/23/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

It took me a while to break down and do this, but I have a Q5 and P7 emitter on the way so I decided it was time to try a 14500(3.7 volt) battery in here. The LED should be able to handle it, but this light is digitally regulated so I didn't know if the light could handle it. IT WORKED! The light gets warm after 3 minutes of use so the heatsinking works O.K. The LED got a little bluer, but it is still whiter and warmer than my X2000 lights. The spot on this light is a little tighter than the X2000. With the 14500 in this light it is brighter than the X2000. I don't know run time yet, but after 30 minutes it is still going strong. I am hoping to get a Q5 in here. The flashlight actually comes apart pretty easily. I plan on taking the digital regulator out of this light and replacing the Q3 with a Q5. Then I should have a bright light. the head of this light screws off and reveals a block of aluminum which contains the regulator and LED. The block of aluminum screws out of the body. Take the black plastic ring off the top, then dig the flimsy metal piece off the LED and the LED star is loose. I plane on take the regulator ouat and soldering the wires directly from the Q5 LED to the battery connections on the block. Then I will have a direct driven Q5 focusable light, the way it should have been built in the beginning!

Cons:

The plastic lense is pretty cheap looking. It is dirty and unclear. it tinges the LED very blue.

OtherThoughts:

I am excited to replace the Q3 with the Q5. Who knows, maybe the P7 will fit. I ordered the P7 to run off 3.7 volts to 4.2 instead of the 8 volt. I doubt this light could keep a P7 cool.

Bottomline:

This light is the smallest focusable light I have seen. It fits the AA and the LED and the lense and that is it. The X2000' seem to have so much wwasted space, although I do like the bigger head on the X2000's.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections