Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great Flood to Spot (Burn your eyeballs)

posted by switchdoctor on 09/19/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This is a tiny light, hardly larger than most which do not have adjustable spot. For size, it is a winner. For the beam quality it is a winner too! The wide beam covers evenly and at a really impressive brightness (even using RECHARGEABLE AA NiMh at 1.2volt! - Which is ALL I USE - Sorry if you wanted to know about if the driver can handle a 3v!)

When it is "spot focused" it will project a PERFECT pattern of the actual LED element (which is a square type shape) onto a wall across a very large room with detail. It is not a twisty focus, it is a SLIDER. There is a confirmed o-ring seal in the slider mechanism (good design, but the 0-ring is "weak"- still seals okay though.) And the button is on the "butt end". It does not heat up too much in the testing I have done, and it easy to hold. It comes with a lanyard too.

Cons:

The switch is cheapy feeling, although I think it will be okay and I have had no problems out of it- it just feels cheap when you click it. And it also "sticks out past the rear" of the light, making it possible to turn it on when carrying it.

OtherThoughts:

When you first get this thing, you will stand it on it's end and wonder how that big lens does NOT touch the table, but it does not. If the lens is plastic- it is a hard plastic, but I did not take apart and "tap" the glass to test for that.

Bottomline:

I think if any other country could make such a light for the price, they would have already taken over the world!

-Kudus China

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections