DX » Community » Reviews » 6W Electric UV Mosquitoes and Bugs Killer (220V)
  • 5 star 4 ( 44% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 56% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• IT WORKS!

posted by cukerko on 08/10/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

-it really catches mosquitoes

-i don't really care for any other insect, but it also catches all kinds of flies, basically up to average size (once i managed to suck in a smaller moth)

-yesterday I found a huge mosquito sitting on my ceiling, so I just put all my trust in this gadget, and in 15 minutes the mosquito was in:-)

-did I mention it catches all the mosquitoes in the room? :-) they're just so dumb to get caught before they try me:)

-relatively silent, I mean you can hear the fan running but the sound is low-pitched, not loud.

-it came with EU 230V connector

Cons:

-no switch on it, you have to unplug it to turn it off

-the build quality could be better, but once you have it and you don't drop it, it should hold together forever

-small UV tube, I don't know what that means but I heard it is hard to get a replacement for it, haven't tried looking for it though

-the latches used to hold the upper and lower part together are weak in my opinion

OtherThoughts:

-you can hear the sound when the insect meets the fan, however the fan never cuts it apart, it just disables it for a while.

-when I turned the machine off, the moth fled and I never found it. It was smarter than all the mosquitoes not to stay in the draught and it climbed up the cage, away from the deadly air flow. However the mosquitoes are always dead in a few hours.

Bottomline:

This thing just works. I don't really know whether it does produce the promised CO2 or not (on the box they say it does), but it certainly has a higher attraction rate than a human body, since all the mosquitoes I ever caught never tried eating me but flew directly into then UV light. I am really amazed.

The price could be lower, but, honestly, this does not repel the mosquitoes, it KILLS them which (for me) is more successful. What's more, it will definitely last more than one summer, so I find it OK for this money.

Once those beasts are it, being dried up, I feel a bit sorry about them, but they deserve death, so death they get:)

I rated the overall usefulness as 4/5 just because you can't take it to a tent, but otherwise it does the job perfectly.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections