Customer’s impression:
Very good Useful Good price Bright Very Satisfied
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Mount can be upgraded

posted by Smashbot on 10/23/2007
    3 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

It is a great light. Modes cover all needs for night cycling. Batteries are easy to procure. A lot of light for the price.

The mount broke on the first trip. The screws only just grip. Battery life on high is disappointing. Consider using rechargeable.

It would be simple for the manufacturer to make a decent mount. I repaired with some 1.2mm sheet steel in around 30 mins. You would need material, tinsnips, drill bits, drill and screwdrivers. If I see a need here I will post details of the repair. (see pics)

Make sure you have the means to upgrade the mount and adjust the balance point before you take this to the road.
    The modes are well suited for low on a well lit street, medium on unlit sealed road and high where you need to ride on unsealed track. The price is good but you need to factor the repair.
    I had to mark dow the rating somewhat because I don't feel many users will have access to workshop to make repairs need for continued use.

Post comment

DX Everywhere