Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Mount can be upgraded

posted by Smashbot on 10/23/2007
    3 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

It is a great light. Modes cover all needs for night cycling. Batteries are easy to procure. A lot of light for the price.

Cons:

The mount broke on the first trip. The screws only just grip. Battery life on high is disappointing. Consider using rechargeable.

OtherThoughts:

It would be simple for the manufacturer to make a decent mount. I repaired with some 1.2mm sheet steel in around 30 mins. You would need material, tinsnips, drill bits, drill and screwdrivers. If I see a need here I will post details of the repair. (see pics)

Bottomline:

Make sure you have the means to upgrade the mount and adjust the balance point before you take this to the road.
    The modes are well suited for low on a well lit street, medium on unlit sealed road and high where you need to ride on unsealed track. The price is good but you need to factor the repair.
    I had to mark dow the rating somewhat because I don't feel many users will have access to workshop to make repairs need for continued use.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections