Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• works well, but sounds bad

posted by JAmBer on 02/07/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Bluetooth pairing works seamlessly with my phone and computer.

Cons:

Sound quality is really not great. I've had $20 Jabra bluetooth headphones that sounded a lot better than this.
    I'd hate to see a frequency-response plot of these 'phones. The high frequencies roll-off quite dramatically making all music sound muted, dull and washed-out.
    Also, it seems there's some funny business going on in the compression system. No matter how I adjust the relative volumes, everything sounds like it's been over-compressed. Again, other bluetooth phones don't sound like this so it's not some inherent problem with my source.
    There are only two buttons: play/skip-back and answer/skip-forward. To skip then, you have to hold the button down for a while. This makes lots of songs painful.

OtherThoughts:

I wish I could find a decent pair of headphones on DE but the other options are even worse.
    I had hoped that these 'phones would be functionally useful for casual listening at work but I honestly can't stand how they're colouring my music. I will have to retire them in favour of something a little more natural.

Bottomline:

For the price, it's probably still a good deal but if you're picky about audio quality, don't bother with these.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections