Customer’s impression:
Excelente Recomendo Ótima qualidade
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good but they are...... ALKALINE!!

posted by Pyrpolizer on 01/08/2011
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Very low price, it worths trying them. I tested each one upon receipt. I got 1X1.50v, 1X1.52v,1X1.56v,5X1.58v, and 2X1.59v. So almost all of them were fresh batteries.

Cons:

The problem is they are ALKALINE!! No reputable manufacturer makes AG4/377 batteries in Alkaline anymore. Many reasons for that a)They are half the capacity of S.O.(Silver Oxide) b)Their voltage drops almost linearly with time making their useful capacity very low and depended upon your appliance/watch.
    From data I got from Energizer,GP, and Varta their silver oxide AG4s have a capacity of 24-27mah 85% of which is useful because the voltage of a SO battery stays constant to 1.55V by 85% of their onload life. Now look what happens to Alkaline AG4s:

OtherThoughts:

I have tested one of the 1.58V that i got. Overall capacity was 13.25 Mah (just as expected i.e about half the SO)
    From 1.58 to 1.5v---> 0.88 mAh
    From 1.58 to 1.4v---> 3.52 mAh
    From 1.58 to 1.3v---> 7.92 mAh
    From 1.58 to 1.2v---> 12.76 mAh
    After 1.2V the voltage drops rapidly to complete the overall 13.25 mAh capacity.
    So it all depends on how many Volts your watch needs to work properly.
    If it needs 1.5V then these batteries are useless, if it needs 1.4V then you will need to change batteries 6 times more often than using S.O., if it needs 1.3 Volts then you will need to change them 2.5 times more often etc etc.

Bottomline:

In my opinion DX should abandon these Alkaline batteries and offer their clients Silver Oxide ones. They worth it at even double or triple the price.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections