DX » Community » Reviews » Flood-to-Throw Zooming Focusable Cree Q3-WC 130-Lumen LED Headlamp (3*AAA)
  • 5 star 22 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 30% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 3% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Holy crap this head lamp is bright!

posted by Ithillien on 01/04/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

Did I say this light is bright? Nice construction on the light. I like the ability to adjust the light intensity. I don't have a meter to measure the lumens, but the output sure looks like 130 lumens to me. I like the simple on/off switch. I find it a pain having to toggle through multiple settings.

Cons:

If you want to get picky. The Lamp housing doesn't sit flush with the main body when in the retracted. The main pivot fitting on the lamp housing is a little loose so you will find it will have a little wobble to it.

OtherThoughts:

I have a COAST REVOLUTION DUAL COLOR LED HEADLAMP LL1065, and I like this head lamp much better.

Note: this lamp will get toasty hot after a few minutes of use. I just threw in a fresh set of NiMh AAA (Sanyo Enaloop, yeah the real stuff) and going strong for over 1/2 hour. I'll see how long the batteries last.

Bottomline:

For the price I don't think you can go wrong.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections