Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very very very impressed

posted by wilko193 on 10/21/2009
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Fantastic, super duper bright, and good runtime (around 3hrs, as stated)
    I was wondering what the "great beam pattern" reviewers were on about.... Well in short, there's a spot in the middle, with flood around.... So as you angle the light down onto the ground x number of yards ahead, there is a uniform brightness ahead, starting at the front wheel, and finishing far off in the distance!
    Feels very solid, machined from metal, not plastic at all.....
    O-ring mounting on the handlebars is superb.... Simplest of all quick release brackets, and holds firm....

Cons:

Gets super hot..... If you're not moving.... as you can see, there are small "grills" machined into the light housing.... this provides great cooling when you're moving, no cooling when you're not.....

OtherThoughts:

Helmet mount is good, the strap it comes with isn't.... without using various cable ties etc etc around the outside of the helmet, it simply doesn't work.....
    I used the actuall mounting together with the helmet mounting band from my atc5k camera..... might pose a problem if i want to use them both at the same time....

Bottomline:

Super light... Just as bright at sku25149, i have seen one in action..... i'll be ordering another one soon!!!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections