DX » Community » Reviews » 2.4GHz 300Mbps 802.11n WLAN/WiFi/Wireless Broadband Router
  • 5 star 4 ( 44% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 44% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 11% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Worth buying for me

posted by hombre3 on 01/29/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

It is a generic Ralink RT3052 2T2R board router and WiFi 802.11b/g/n two-channel MIMO access point.
    Is costs one third of the price of comparable brandname models at the moment of buying.
    It works great in the complex environment full of other wifi networks. Wifi connection is stable, much better than with asus, level one and d-link units (mostly MIMO too) I've replaced with this ones.
    The firmware supports not only gateway but also 'bridged wireless AP', 'wifi repeater' and 'wifi repeater with AP' modes. It means you can use it for expanding the wifi network by cable or by air or (with some handwork because of unplugable antennas) by joining two on more distant wifi networks together.

Cons:

It needs of immediate firmware replacement to access the full router functionality. Besides seemingly only logos differs.
    Even after that, setup is sometwhat uneasy and uncomplete. For example, it support more than three fixed MAC-DHCP address pair but it's impossible to set it up using the web interface. But I did it easily by saving the config file, simply adding new lines for each new MAC on the analogy and sending it back. Than it works ok.
    And, there is a preliminary support of such board in DD-WRT.
    The power supply cable is too short.
    The casing looks like a bit cheap.
    Antennas are not easily replaceable.

OtherThoughts:

The power supply unit differs from the showed on the photos. It has an US-style plug with EU adapter. For me it's a con, for an american it may be a pro. But lacking of the 802.11a may be a con for him.
    Included patchcord is looking slightly bizarre but works ok.

Bottomline:

Worth buying at this moment.
    I want the same but with built-in ADSL modem. According the inscriptions on the box it exists.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections