• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• It Works in ALL Windows, Incuding the 7

posted by UgaUga2000 on 04/02/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

Some rewiwers state they could not make it work on the seven. Maybe a little lack of knowledge, eh?
    It installed on the first try on Windows 7, on a notebook (CHEAP, old dual core) but it had already some drivers installed. Then I tried on a clean machine and it tried not to install. I tried a few old drivers and it worked OVER an Motorola driver, also worked OVER a CONEXANT driver. But you must use the included CD too! The win 7 database does not judge what you have installed. (and it DOES NOT HAVE the data on the CD)
    I hope you have sucess installing this little marvel because NO notebook today comes with a dialup modem. I live in a farm where broadband is farther than my expected lifetime. So, I needed this device working. And NEED is still a great teacher.
    Have fun!

Cons:

None that I can see until now.

OtherThoughts:

Will install on XP and 98SE. Will also try on a few "flavors" of Linux. Any surprise will be published somewhere here.

Bottomline:

I ordered 10 extra pieces while they still have it. (I may sell and install a few and get mine free!)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections