Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Does the job just fine, value for money

posted by betonornot on 09/03/2012
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I bought one for use at work about a year ago. We use it at least once, maybe twice a week and it has not let us down yet.
    Build is just fine, it does not feel cheap and the buttons work as they should. "Docking" the USB receiver in the presenter prevents leaving it in the computer, when your presentation is done.
    The laser pointer is bright enough for use on a projector screen from at least 10 meter, probably more.
    The RF power is sufficient, even if you walk away a little.
    Some people mentioned the "strange" positioning of the buttons. I use the "forward" button much more often than the "back" button, thus I find it a good choice to put the "forward" button where it is - closest to the user. It gives a good grip on the presenter.
    The presenter works without extra drivers on Windows XP, Vista and Win7.

Cons:

The battery cover tends to fall off, if not correctly placed (but if you place it right, there is no problem).
    It's not really a con, but there is no indication for battery power. Always carry a spare AAA battery, just in case...

OtherThoughts:

The product looks a lot like http://dx.com/p/usb-rf-wireless-presenter-with-laser-pointer-1-aaa-41121?item=7 (sku 41121) which is much cheaper ( US$ 10,99 vs US$ 15,23 ). Might be that the only difference is the (very good) package of this one?

Bottomline:

It is, compared to other products at Deal Extreme, not a very cheap item, but it performs like a professional tool and it is very reliable. That is what counts for me, at the end.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections