DX » Community » Reviews » Mini Precision Digital Pocket Scale (100g Max / 0.01g Resolution)
  • 5 star 1 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very Solid, Accurate Unit

posted by sarcastech on 10/29/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The scale is very compact in overall size but is huge in features while still being very easy to use with large buttons and a backlit LCD window that is extremely easy to read.

The scale has many modes including grams, ounces, carats and grains which makes this scale good for reloading ammunition and is accurate to the tenth of a grain.

Weighing platform is well designed with a circular depression in the middle to make items placed on the platform congregate at the center, and to hold the small weighing pan that comes with the scale. This pan is useful for weighing powders and bullets on.

There is a removable cover for over the weighing platform allowing for storage of the pan as well as protecting the load sensor from damage.

The scale uses AAA batteries which is very nice as they last for a long time and are easy to replace. I have owend scales that were powered by 2032CR flat silver batteries but found the battery life to be very poor and the batteries more costly than AAA's.

The overall fit and finish on the scale is very good to excellent. The housing of the scale is well made and the weighing platform and dish are stainless steel with a quality lcd screen that is easy to read.

The carrying case for the scale is a nice accessory too, as it is padded which gives an added layer of protection to your scale when in transit or not in use.

The instruction manual does have an english translation and the calibration instructions are clear and easy to follow.

Cons:

The only con that I really came accross was the size of the weighing platform is small and quantities weighed small in size as well, but as I am using it for a powder and bullet scale this does not affect me at all

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

A durable, well made product that measures accurately and is small in size. A good addition for anyone needing to weigh out powders, gems, chemicals or coins and such and such a good price too. It is at least $20-$30 cheaper than a similar scale locally.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections