There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Nice Solid Camera

posted by aliende on 03/18/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Camera works as expected. Nice fps and light leds are very usefull, as it has been said, you can notice they are on (they get red). Want to make it work with zoneminder but still cannot, I can get snapshot.cgi?params... and videostream.cgi?...params working but zoneminder does not get the image.

Cons:

Not many, this is a foscam clone camera, if you want it just for your own monitoring it is plug and play. The camera uses DHCP so you must have that feature on on your router, and use a program (maygion) that searches for the camera, my case was 192.168.1.108 port 81.

OtherThoughts:

IMPORTANT: It seems that this camera may have two models, one called MIPS and I dont remember the other and cant access maygion web. You can check this by connecting to the camera ftp and checking the size of a file called ws, located on apps folder, if it is bigger than 900kb, its MIPS, check maygion FAQ for more info. The thing is that because everyone was saying that this works better with newest firmware I updated it without reading the whole documentation and got my camera on some king of repair mode, on wich camera does not work! I got very frustated but finally I managed to upload a MIPS firmware and camera got back online.

Bottomline:

Still have not used camera´s wifi. But this looks like a solid product, cant tell by now but for what I have seen, I can only ask to have good durability and the money will be worth it. This cameras cost much more money on my country (arg).

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections