• 3 star 1 ( 5% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• The memory card gets 4 mm out of the reader.

posted by vbbrasil on 06/05/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It's the cheapest microSDHC card reader I've found in here!

Successfully tested with a diferents microSD and SDHC cards

A translucent plastic cap prevents the USB connector to collect dust and dirt inside.

Cons:

READ THIS !

This card reader is small and lightweight. But the microSD card gets 4 mm out of the adapter. This is a pretty nasty small projection, because there is a risk of screwing at something or break the card.

For use in an indoor environment it may be even interesting, but if it is to carry around in my pants pocket, or carry everywhere, there is a risk of damaging the card or even lose the card. Because it gets 26% out of the reader.

The card reader which holds the card fully protected is much better if your intention is to use it on the road. It's not so practical having the tiny-fragile-little-micro card protruding from the reader

I uploaded a photo with a ruler, so you can check this.

OtherThoughts:

Don't have led to display device activity.

Não há led para mostrar o funcionamento do dispositivo.

Bottomline:

Full compatible with Linux.

This card reader is small and lightweight.

There is much better models around, I think you shuld buy at least 3 different models and choose the best for indoor and outdoor activities.

Basicamente esse modelo deixa parte do cartão para fora, 4 mm para ser exato. Tem outros modelos que me parecem bem melhor por proteger completamente o cartão. Se for comprar modelos diferentes é melhor fazer pedidos separados. Eu vacilei e pedi modelos diferentes, o pedido demorou duas semanas para ser enviado e os leitores vieram em pacotes separados.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections