Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Entirely completely waterproof

posted by nande on 07/11/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- The way this light is designed, it it COMPLETELY waterproof. The only opening is the place that you can open to put in batteries, but it has a very good soft silicon washer, the type that seals very well because it is soft and when compressed slightly it has no micro-gaps that let water seep in. I am very confident that you can use this even in very heavy rain without any worries. Heck, this thing can probably work underwater! To me, this superb waterproofing is the biggest plus that puts it above all other taillights. It is not only waterproof, it is air-tight as well!!!

- Other than the 3 main leds, there are also 1 leds at each end (total 5 led), that point DIRECTLY at the sides. This is also something that is rare, because most tail lights point at 45 degrees, and directly from the side it is not visible. This is very useful because if you ride in a city area and stops at a traffic light beside a car. The horizontal shining will remind the driver that you are there and not to turn into you (if you are going straight and he is turning).

- The third pro is that the attachment can be mounted at 90 degrees. I believe this is so that if you want, you can mount this on your handlebars in front, and still be able to have the light in a horizontal profile. I don't think this light should be mounted in a vertical profile, because then the side leds will be shining top and bottom.

- The 4th pro is that this light has a very good throw, you can actually detach this and use it as a torchlight in dark areas.

- The last pro is that when you have to leave the bike and detach this light to put in your pocket, it has no corners and is very comfortable and not as bulky as other AAA lights. Also, the mounting bracket is very solid and made of a hard plastic which makes it easy and smooth for the light to mount or dismount(when you press the release button). Without pressing the button, it is impossible to pull the light out, which is how secure it is when mounted. I really like the mounting.

- The last pro, in my case, is that this light cannot be found locally, so it is very special!

Cons:

Absolutely no cons that I can think of. Really!

OtherThoughts:

- There transparent 3D markings of small arrow on the body of the light and open-lock positions on the "cap" that you can open to put batteries. When you close the "cap", you have to make sure that the lock position is inline with the arrow, because only at that position is the cap properly and fully closed. Only when you close it properly will the leds align perfectly with the optics. The trick to closing this 'cap' properly is to not press down too hard on the silicon washer when you are turning it to the locked position. If you press down very very hard, the friction of the washer will prevent you from closing it fully.

Bottomline:

I really wonder why this light is not sold locally. Maybe because if the shops sell this light then they will not be able to sell their more expensive models that are not so well designed as this?

Get it before it goes out of stock! I would order another one as spare but then this light feels like it will work for a very very very long time...

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections