Cheap not that easy to use but very usefull
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very nice for DIY usage for low price

posted by 8924581 on 02/12/2017

Impression:Cheap;

0 0
    Very nice for usage with analog and digital circuits with frequency up to 20 MHz: MCUs (ATMega, ATTiny, STM8, or other 8-bit MCUs), sound applications, IoT applications and automation, etc. Note that, despite of 50MHz band, 50 ns and less signal edges are not seen as sharp edges (even with 50 Ohm terminator), and 20-50 sine wave is seen with lower magnitude. However, with periodical signal equivalent-time mode can be used. To work with higher frequencies one needs wider band.

Pros: color multi-language display, digital filters at channels: LP, HP, BP, BS; math: +/-, FFT; cursors, various triggers, USB port, RS-232 (control) and USB host (to save waveform to flash drive, for example) etc. Thus, the device has a set of functions similar to "serious" oscilloscopes. Two probes with ground alligator clips, hook tips and color marking rings. Rugged design. I use it for 2 years and I am satisfied.

Cons. It has one set of knobs (scale and position) for 2 channels, MATH and REF, they are changed with LED buttons, not very comfortable. As I use 200 MHz Tectronix oscilloscope in lab, this device seems to me rather slow (long switching-on, slow time-range switching and scanning) and noisy (it has 6 cm fan). Some errors in Russian translation (in channel digital filters interface), English is correct.

Summary: very nice for DIY usage up to 20 MHz for low price, but not suitable for higher frequencies. For more comfortable usage one need to look at more professional (and more expensive) devices.

Post comment

DX Everywhere