DX » Community » Reviews » Mini DisplayPort DP Male to DisplayPort DP Female Adapter Cable - White (15CM)
  • 5 star 8 ( 89% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 1 ( 11% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Not working

posted by wimleers on 05/05/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Looks like an original Apple adapter to the untrained eye — although there isn't a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adapter available from Apple yet.

Cons:

It doesn't work. I hooked it up to a brand-new HP ZR24w to my Early 2009 MacBook Pro and it won't work. The MBP recognizes the monitor and automatically expands the desktop, i.e. it switches to the HP ZR24w as the main monitor. The HP ZR24w then briefly activates (the LED turns blue instead of orange) but then immediately says "Monitor going to sleep".

The monitor works fine when connected to DVI (with a Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter from Apple). It's still possible that the monitor is defect, but this is not very likely.

OtherThoughts:

I'd love to be proven wrong, i.e. that something is wrong with the DisplayPort cable I'm using (shipped with the HP ZR24w) or with the HP ZR24w itself. But it seems very unlikely.

Bottomline:

Don't buy this until this problem has been sorted out. I'll update this review as soon as I get feedback from the manufacturer or when I've got it working.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections