• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good quality and cheap DVB-T tuner

posted by OMA2k9 on 02/08/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- Adds a DVB-T tuner (called TDT in Spain) to your PC very easily without having to install a PCI card

- Good price!

- Standard European antenna connection, not the small one, like the other version available here at DX: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8309

- Good image quality, if there's good reception

- Raw stream recording (records the original DVB-T/TDT stream without reencoding)

- The driver CD includes BlazeVideo HDTV Player and the legit serial to unlock it. A $49,45 value! ( according to its developer's site: http://www.blazevideo.com/hdtv-player/ ). The CD includes version 4.0, but you can download version 6.0 from that site and the serial seems to work with that, too!

- You can use the included mini-antenna with other DVB-T/TDT and even analog TV appliances. Good for my PC monitor, which includes a TV tuner, but this feature wasn't used until now, since I couldn't be bothered to bring an antenna cable to this room :)

Cons:

- The BlazeVideo 4.0 program freezes if reception is not optimal. To unfreeze you have to restart the program. This is specially problematic if you want to record shows. I solved it using a shorter antenna cable, which seemed to improve reception a lot, so now the program works fine. But be cautious before buying if you don't have good reception.

- The included mini-antenna is pretty useless with the USB tuner, since it pixelates a lot, but can be used with other "less picky" DVB-T appliances and the image is fine.

- No analog Composite/S-Video connections, but I wasn't looking for that anyway, since I already have an analogue Hauppauge card with those features.

- Remote is a bit flimsy, but to be expected at this price point

OtherThoughts:

If you are looking to buy BlazeVideo HDTV Player sofware, you can buy this instead for less than half the price of BlazeVideo and you get a USB digital tuner free! ;-)

Bottomline:

Cool and cheap item! :)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections