Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good quality and cheap DVB-T tuner

posted by OMA2k9 on 02/08/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

- Adds a DVB-T tuner (called TDT in Spain) to your PC very easily without having to install a PCI card

- Good price!

- Standard European antenna connection, not the small one, like the other version available here at DX:

- Good image quality, if there's good reception

- Raw stream recording (records the original DVB-T/TDT stream without reencoding)

- The driver CD includes BlazeVideo HDTV Player and the legit serial to unlock it. A $49,45 value! ( according to its developer's site: ). The CD includes version 4.0, but you can download version 6.0 from that site and the serial seems to work with that, too!

- You can use the included mini-antenna with other DVB-T/TDT and even analog TV appliances. Good for my PC monitor, which includes a TV tuner, but this feature wasn't used until now, since I couldn't be bothered to bring an antenna cable to this room :)

- The BlazeVideo 4.0 program freezes if reception is not optimal. To unfreeze you have to restart the program. This is specially problematic if you want to record shows. I solved it using a shorter antenna cable, which seemed to improve reception a lot, so now the program works fine. But be cautious before buying if you don't have good reception.

- The included mini-antenna is pretty useless with the USB tuner, since it pixelates a lot, but can be used with other "less picky" DVB-T appliances and the image is fine.

- No analog Composite/S-Video connections, but I wasn't looking for that anyway, since I already have an analogue Hauppauge card with those features.

- Remote is a bit flimsy, but to be expected at this price point

If you are looking to buy BlazeVideo HDTV Player sofware, you can buy this instead for less than half the price of BlazeVideo and you get a USB digital tuner free! ;-)

Cool and cheap item! :)

Post comment

DX Everywhere