• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good one

posted by TheLivingOne on 06/25/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

A pocket device which can measure sound / noise level in a wide range (50-126 dB), also can be used to plot approximate frequency response graph for 32-10KHz manually with a pencil and sheet of paper (away from computer, studio equipment and etc. - you'll only need either a test record or frequency generator + frequency meter).

Has RCA line output socket which allows to record sound from the microphone. You can even use it record voice and etc. (if you have nothing else at hand).

Has slow/fast response switch, human hearing curve-weighted and straight modes, calibration, battery check.

Can be calibrated (if you have access to some reference equipment).

Cheap.

Good build quality, nothing to complain.

Cons:

There are no cons for me, except that it's hard to tell how good it is calibrated unless one has access to specific equipment.

There's a hole at the bottom which is supposed to be a tripod socket, but it has no threads. I don't know what is it for then. I hoped it will fit a photo tripod but it doesn't.

OtherThoughts:

For the price you can get this device "just in case" (if you have to deal with some kind of sound measurement).

Bottomline:

Few people need it, but if you one of these just go ahead and give it a try.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections