DX » Community » Reviews » Steel Manual-Release Folding Knife with Clip (22.6cm Full-Length)
  • 5 star 17 ( 89% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 11% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• not so sure about the lock

posted by knifeedge2K1 on 06/15/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Sharp out of box, only needed a little tuning

Cons:

Lock doesn't seem to engage fully on mine ...and if the pictures are any indication on every other knife as well.

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

Just got this knife after ordering it last week. Pretty much exactly as I expected, just a tiny bit of play when open with no noticeable wobble ... atleast on mine.

The lock doesn't seem to engage all the way when open, gonna contact DX about that, not sure if it's a problem with just my knife or all of them as the pictures show the lock not fully engaged when open either. On mine the "switch" that comes down to block the blade from folding back doesn't go completely forward when the knife opens but does when it is closed. Thus when open only about half of the switch is there to hold the knife blade back. I guess one could take the entire knife apart and either grind the blade or file the "switch" to let it ride forward a little more while the knife is open but you could so easily screw this job up that it isn't worth it.

Gonna update this once I get word from DX whether this is systemic or isolated incident.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections