Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• XBOX 360 VGA Cable worth every penny

posted by metermonkey on 08/28/2011
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Use it to connect to a pc monitor
    Much much much cheaper than xbox's original version
    It has both VGA and RCA so you don't have to unplug from your tv if you're close enough
    Cable is long, long enough for my use
    Picture quality is better than I imagined
    No ghosting experienced

Cons:

VGA cable end feels cheep, as most cheaper cables do
    HD would be better but not possible due to compatibility
    No sound, need to use external speakers unless your monitor has built in speakers

OtherThoughts:

I just remembered I had this cable and am I ever glad I did! I can pull up my pc monitor and play when people are watching tv. I expected to have to play with it, but it was just plug and play. Picture is as good as the regular RCA cables, not to be confused with the HD, it's no where near HD but very playable on my 17" monitor. Those with ghosting, I play NHL 11 on my older acer flat screen monitor and I don't have any issues. It could depend on the refresh rate of your monitor.

Bottomline:

If you have a need, get them. Even if you don't they are nice to have around. Future shop laughed at me when I asked if there were such a thing as this cable. I went home and googled it and found out xbox actually makes one but for $50! Good ole DX carries it for a fifth of the price.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections