There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good value for money!

posted by bribo on 05/03/2010
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

1. Uses AA a single battery! - can be easily replaced and spare charges can be carried around.
    2. Very lightweight.
    3. Good value for money.
    4. 200 Lumen light power - very strong. I estimate 30 meter lighting distance.
    5. Looks cool in my opinion.

1. Sometimes my flashlight has some contact issues. But it is not a major problem. I get along with it.

As summer is coming back to our region I decided to go back to night rides with my mountain bike. I simply like the way the road is rushing under the cone of light the torch is producing. It created a totally different riding experience.
    I am using a rather powerful (2000 candela), handlebar mounted, Dr.Rider KMC i-light LED flashlight (3xAA battery, a totally waterproof casing) . Only recently I discovered that they were also bicycle chain manufacturers producing the lightest 9-Speed chain in the world!
    So all is nice and good but at some point I noticed I need some extra light power while riding in the night: something I can control it’s lighting direction. I decided to get myself a powerful helmet LED flashlight so I googled some word combinations like “helmet LED flashlight” or “helmet LED torch” but could not find anything that fitted my needs. What ARE my needs, you ask, OK: I wanted something that was both 1) easy to mount, and 2) supplied a high light intensity. In addition it also 3) must be a good value for money! What this actually means is a high quality product that is not too expensive :-) .

If you want to learn "How to make your own LED helmet flashlight?" you can go to and see for yourself. It is described in detail with many pictures.

Post comment

DX Everywhere