Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very impressed

posted by jeroensk on 05/20/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Very strong build

Very bright, compared it with my high quality flashlight of 200 lumens and is just as bring on the inner spot with less spread, so high lumens in one spot.

Comes with 6 options.

Coming from europe, where the main battery is the AA, this is a great light, even if you run out of power everybody has a spare.

PS: using ReCyko+ AA myself

Cons:

The 6 option are great, but the memory advances one every time you turn off. So if the light is on fast strobe and you turn it off, the light will turn on in the next setting being slow strobe. So to get the same setting you'll have to cycle through.

OtherThoughts:

I've tested it's 'waterproof' capability, Took a shower for 30 min then let it rest in a filled sink for a hour. The light was still working but had some water in it. So after this it's still working, can't say its waterproof, but highly resisted. I guess you could use better washing to seal it completely.

Bottomline:

Great light for the money with a lot of options, won't fail you in the rain or taking a swim, amount off lumens that are promised and working on a single AA. Making it the best allround camping or emergency light.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections