• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great thrower

posted by susuman on 03/19/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Its uses a plastic Lens, no reflector, like those surefire TIR lens.
    The hot spot was so tight, and almost no side spill.
    Can take AA, CR123A, RCR123, 14500
    its sucking 1.6A from a fully charged liCo 4.2V (suspect direct drive)
    and compare to my surefire E1 Backup, its actually has a brighter output :sweat:
    Brightness is good at CR123A 3V or LifePO4, but dim for AA
    but for the cheap price , you are getting a E1B output, and Nitecore look flashlight, its not a bad deal
    hotspot has a blue ring at the outer sphere, no harm if you use outdoor, though
    The 3 mode is the interesting part, it always start with High, and you need to press it very quick to change mode to Medium and strobe. Which I like most. So you Off and On the light, it won't switch to next mode.

Cons:

I bad thing is that, the Emitter is not glue into the driver module, it just sit on it with some white thermal paste . the Emitter is somehow snug into the TIR lens, and when u close it, it will press the Emitter heatsink into the driver module (aluminum), with the thermal paste, it get the heat dissipated.
    Missing O ring in the extender, just out in one, and surprisingly, there is O ring in the lens.

OtherThoughts:

SO far, running on High for 10 minutes is ok, but light get heated up so much that you can't really hold it.

Bottomline:

I like it.
    PS: careful when you tighten the driver module, it will twist the emitter and forced the wire to break up. So open the lens module, before you tighten the driver. put back the lens module after u have done with the driver. and make the lens/emitter not turning.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections