DX » Community » Reviews » Vertical External Battery Grip with IR Remote Controller for Nikon D80/D90 DSLR
  • 5 star 4 ( 44% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 44% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 11% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byafiedler on 03/18/2014

This Vertical External Battery Grip with IR Remote Controller for Nikon D80/D90 DSLR works fine, have good material, good look, good functionality and it's very resistant. Good price and works fine with my Nikon. This Vertical External Battery Grip with IR Remote Controller for Nikon D80/D90 DSLR con't have cons. I liked this Vertical External Battery ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySergi19 on 08/27/2013

-Fits perfectly the camera body. It matches the color and shape of it. -Does what is supposed to do with the plus of using AA batteries to power up your camera. -It include a remote and to be honest, this remote works better that the original Nikon one (yes, that surprised me) I think there are no cons, but it's true that other grips from another brands ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byTranceCat on 11/16/2012

-Easy assembly -Good quality and construction -Product was recognized by my camera directly and functioned as it should -The supplied AA Battery slide is slightly on the small side and holds the batteries in VERY tight. Most batteries are encased in a plastic wrapper with their brand and info on it. You may expect this to get damaged. The batteries ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDeniscribe on 10/01/2011

Generally good build quality. Plastic body is solid, buttons aren't loose. Build quality of the mechanism used to drive the fastening screw which attaches the unit to the camera, is very poor. It broke less than two weeks after purchase, and the unit cannot be attached to the camera any more. When it was attached, performance was erratic. Despite having ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysujeto117 on 01/10/2011

Works perfectly and very good looking. Its very cheap and the batteries has been detected by the dslr verry good. The package is very well and the remote shutter works fine. The open system cover where are the batteries is very poor; the first lock I have do the system was broken. Now I have the grip with a separte cover. Check this aspect good in other ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJeeQ2 on 10/17/2010

- Very cheap comparing to original MB-D80 and its analogues - Good build quality (solid plastic) - Very useful IR remote I found some bug when attach this grip to my D80. The camera indicated that its internal flash is turned on and fixed minimal shutter speed at 1/200 in manual mode (and at 1/60 in semi-automatic modes). I used original Nikon EN-EL3... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjeanjo on 08/16/2010

Great gear, works perfectly and very good looking. Outstanding price/value ratio. Fast and faultless delivery. Good packaging. Instruction "manual" quality on the low side. Exemple: "can not be used with the rechargeable EN-EL3e batteries" this is exactly the battery provided by Nikon for the D90. Works fine with EN-EL3e anyway. ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydandman3039 on 08/04/2010

Comfortable ergonomics makes portrait photography much easier to frame up rubber covering where your non index fingers grasp is better (more secure) than that on the actual nikon body, although it is only glued on. easy access to the aperture and shutter dials built into the grip two times the battery capacity gives active readouts of the different ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybigrockshow on 08/03/2010

Wonderful material, solid construction. feels and locks perfectly.Good instructions. wonder why would people spend almost 2 x this amount for something similar and quite obviously from the same country of manufacturer or probably the same factory! icky shutter button. needs to be depressed without force at a certain angle. master that and you'll be ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections